Loyalty, trust, and a safe and seamless shopping experience for customers are now critical to the success of any General Merchandise business. This raises new questions for retailers: How do you offer an experience that exceeds consumer expectations? How do you stay profitable at the same time? More businesses are realising that automation solutions are the answer to achieve a smart and efficient retail operation with improved accuracy.
The Changing Marketplace
Consumer preferences are rapidly shifting. We all want a one-stop, omnichannel shopping experience. Personalised experiences paired with competitive pricing. And the flexibility to receive our purchases quickly and in the way we want. General Merchandise retailers must adapt to overcome these new challenges, while continuing to address traditional ones:
- Keep space requirements down while moving order fulfilment operations closer to customers and into more expensive locations
- Provide a wide selection of goods that meet consumer demand while managing SKU proliferation
- Keep up with peak shopping times, simultaneously filling orders for eCommerce customers and retail locations
- Maintain a motivated, productive workforce by providing a safe and healthy work environment
- Offer convenient — and quick — in-store and online purchase options