E'wms® Warehouse Management System is our advanced software application to manage inventory, orders, locations and transport flows in warehouses and distribution environments. It constitutes the perfect link between your logistics environment and the equipment available. E'wms® is a mature and flexible solution for increasing productivity and inventory accuracy in your warehouse or distribution center.
E'wms® is available as an integrated application suite, but can also be configured providing only the required layers and features. It is suitable for stand-alone operations or for a seamless integration within your existing administrative systems. E’wms® consists of two main functionality layers:
The typical E'wms® layer containing the administrative modules:
- inventory management module
- order management module
The E’wcs layer (warehouse control system) covering all features related to the material flow control:
- location management module
- transport management module
The inventory management module manages the stock in the warehouse according to the material flow direction:
- Incoming: Products are stored and linked to the carrier (or compartment). The default warehouse destination is determined based on the various product attributes (owner, lot, quality, abc qualification). Based on various location search algorithms the optimal warehouse position is assigned to the carrier.
- Cross-Docking: Products of a specific customer are moved from reception.
- Outgoing: Available inventory in the warehouse is allocated to certain order lines based on enhanced allocation algorithms, for example:
- least remaining stock per carrier
- FIFO (First in First Out) / FEFO (First Expired First Out)
- capacity distribution & optimisation
- Orders can also be automatically reallocated to another carrier in case of unexpected product shortages.
The order management module assigns product orders to warehouse infrastructure
such as order picking stations, or docking lanes, based on required criteria (order
priority, order due out time, order reception time, etc.). E'wms® supports various
order picking concepts like single order picking, batch picking and cluster picking.
Furthermore, optimisation algorithms can be implemented for these concepts to finetune
the product flows. Outbound order picking: starting an outbound customer order
towards the truck export zone.
Core features from reception to delivery:
- Receiving & inventory management: inbound flow of products in warehouse
- Replenishment of (dynamic) picking zones
- Inventory allocation: assign stock to orders
- Order assignment: assign orders to resources or work stations
- Load balancing and control of picking stations and/or order picking resources
- Consolidation and dispatch labeling
The warehouse control system E'wcs is a control system that integrates all automated warehouse equipment in your warehouse into an efficient transport system. It ensures an optimal usage of the transport means and storage methods and avoids overload problems as much as possible. E'wcs consists of two main modules.
- Location management module
- Transport management module
E'wcs visualisation can be added when required.
The location management module manages the current locations of your carriers (pallets, totes, bins, trays, boxes), but not the load stored on it which is done by the inventory management module of E'wms®. The products are assigned to a storage location in the warehouse based on a unique five-dimensional coordinate system. This coordinate system supports location management within different types of storage throughout the warehouse: single deep / double / multideep, carrier-size dependent positions, single or multiwarehousing operations.
The transport management module defines how goods are moved between the various zone in your warehouse, e.g. from storage to working zone or vice verse. Individual movements of carriers are realised through transport orders which consists of a number of subtransports, each executed by an individual transport means. The transport management module controls several transport managers, which in turn control the transport means:
- E'car® for stacker cranes / transfer cars
- E'con for conveyors
- E'tricc® for AGVs
- E'tis® for in-floor chain conveyors