The Dematic Multishuttle® 2 is the next-generation “shuttle” AS/RS system for automated storage and retrieval of cartons, small parts or other stored goods, including the handling of trays, containers or individual bundles.
The Dematic Multishuttle 2 stores, buffers, and sequences products between bulk stock and functions like picking and order assembly. The system can dramatically increase speed, accuracy and throughput in warehouses, factories or distribution centers.
It can interface with many different sizes of containers and cartons, and its inherent flexibility enables it to be easily adapted to any shape or size building, including existing buildings with lower ceilings. The use of standard modular components and scalability make the Dematic Multishuttle 2 especially suitable for companies experiencing rapid growth and changes in product demand profiles.
Benefits of Dematic Multishuttle 2
- Increased Throughput: Up to 10 times higher than conventional storage systems, while providing loads to pick stations or palletizers in exact sequence.
- Ultra-High Storage Density: Support for multi-depth storage and handling of different sizes without fixed storage locations. Lifts can connect work stations above and below to ensure maximum density and use of space.
- Multiple Layout Options: Fits into overhead spaces, under/over obstructions, best cube utilization.
- Precise sequencing: Presents loads to pick stations or palletizers in exact sequence.
- Range of load types: “Flex” option accommodates various load sizes.
- Redundancy and Back-up: Identical carriers provide duplicate service; carriers are interchangeable.
- Complete Access: Work platforms in the rack aisles allow manual access to inventory and maintenance access to shuttles.
- Scalability: Add more carriers in future to provide more throughput.
Dematic Multishuttle 2 An In-depth and Independent Review from a Supply Chain Consultant
This white paper provides an unbiased review of the Dematic Multishuttle 2 system which is an important goods to person material handling technology that is making strong inroads into split case and full case distribution centers in Europe and North America.
Download White Paper
The Dematic Multishuttle 2 is ideal for supplying product to piece-pick order fulfillment modules or mixed-case pallet building operations. It can also serve as a pick face replenishment solution. In addition, Multishuttle 2 can be applied as a short term buffer storage system or as a manufacturing support subsystem for production operations.
It also permits the storage of mixed goods of different sizes in a system, without the use of trays or containers.
The Dematic Multishuttle 2 is Suitable for:
- All solutions requiring buffer storage or sequencing of totes, trays, cartons, case goods, or individual bundles.
- Buffer storage engines for feeding order assembly operations.
- Intermediate storage buffer solutions supporting Goods-to-Person (GTP) applications.
- Auto-replenishment of pick modules.
- All industries where a wide or often-changing product range is to be processed in an automated way, such as retail, eCommerce, or industrial production.
The new Dematic Multishuttle® 2 is the engine for change that ensures your new logistics and distribution systems will meet competitive demands today and into the future.