Dematic provides a complete line of AGVs to support Automated Warehouse Solutions and Automatic Material Movement Solutions. Today, Dematic has successfully installed these proven and reliable solutions with over 2,500 vehicles in various applications across industries.
Dematic AGVs provide reliable, automated material movement when space is at a premium, flexibility is critical and operational efficiency is an imperative.
Dematic’s comprehensive range of AGVs include fork vehicles, unit load, VNA, and specialty vehicles to move material through your facility in a timely, safe and flexible manner.
AGVs should be considered under the following circumstances:
- In non value-added material movement applications
- When the use of manually operated forklifts is not appropriate
- Where consistent and stable loads need to be transported over long distances
- For applications requiring steady and continuous throughput
- In process automation applications
- For transporting and sorting loads for dispatch
- As a reliable, consistent interface to ASRS
- Where they can contribute to a safer working environment
Available in a variety of configurations and capacities, Dematic AGVs come with a complete array of safety features exceeding workplace safety requirements. All models are powered by 48VDC industrial batteries. A variety of battery and charging options are available to ensure the system meets operational requirements.
Benefits of Dematic AGVs
- Labour: 100% labour reduction, overtime and turnover cost eliminated
- Damage: Elimination of facility and equipment damage by conventional fork trucks
- Shipping Accuracy: Reduction in miss-shipments and product loss
- Energy: Potential savings associated with lights-out operations
- Safety: Elimination of fork truck related accidents
- Flexibility: Capable of interfacing to a variety of stands, automation, manufacturing operations
Automated Warehouse Solutions
Dematic's laser guided vehicles handle a wide range of load weights, heights, aisle widths, and load types (including multiple loads).
- High Reach Counterbalance Forked AGVs
- Very Narrow Aisle Counterbalance Fork AGVs
Our counterbalance forked AGVs handle many different types of storage, including:
- Single deep racking
- Push back racking
- Drive-in racking
- Deep lane floor storage
- Deep lane racking w/mole
- VNA rack storage
Automated Material Movement Solutions
For horizontal transportation, Dematic’s AGVs use both magnet guidance and laser guidance. Many of the AGVs can handle multiple unit loads or loads up to 3,600 kg.
- Pallet truck AGVs
- Counterbalance forked AGVs
- Unit load AGVs
- Tugger AGVs
Our AGVs support many types of movements within the manufacturing warehouse or distribution facility.
- Receiving to warehouse
- Manufacturing to warehouse
- Warehouse to manufacturing
- Work cell to work cell
- Warehouse to picking
- Picking to shipping
- Long haul transportation
Why consider AGVs vs other material handling equipment
AGVs have a strong history as a flexible and redundant horizontal transportation solution. With recent enhancements, AGVs provide a strategic solution for automating warehousing versus conventional fork trucks.
- Space - Provide reliable horizontal transportation without impeding other traffic
- Economical - Long distance delivery without fixed assets such as conveyor
- Agile - Intelligently completes complex multi-point moves
- Flexible - Capable of interfacing to a variety of stands, automation, manufacturing operations
- Dynamic - Easy path modifications in changing environments
- Redundancy - Natural redundancy built in due to multiple AGVs on same guide path
- Labour - 100% Labour reduction, overtime and turnover cost eliminated
- Damage - Elimination of facility and equipment damage by conventional fork trucks
- Shipping Accuracy - Reduction in miss-shipments and product loss
- Energy - Potential savings associated with lights out operations
- Safety - Elimination of fork truck related accidents
Flex Series of Automated Guided Vehicles
Dematic provides complete integrated automated guided vehicle solutions which may include Warehouse Management Systems, AGV Control Systems, Picking Systems, Charging Systems and other automated material handling applications.
All of our vehicles are manufactured in our Salt Lake City factory in accordance with ISO standards and incorporate the latest compliant safety devices. Our equipment management software is designed, developed and supported by Dematic. The software orchestrates, optimises and tracks material movement, storage, personnel, and equipment with real-time performance diagnostics in automated warehouse, manufacturing or distribution environments. The software is designed to be scalable and requires no custom software for path and traffic management, which minimises risk and enhances customer service and ability to upgrade.
Dematic has developed two standard preconfigured automated guided solutions. The FlexTruck easy solution is a turnkey, off-the-shelf preconfigured AGV solution for any load that could normally be handled by a standard fork truck.