The Dematic Multishuttle® 2 is the next-generation “shuttle” AS/RS system for automated storage and retrieval of cartons, small parts or other stored goods, including the handling of trays, containers or individual bundles.
The Dematic Multishuttle® 2 is designed to store, buffer, and sequence products between bulk stock and functions like picking and order assembly. The system can dramatically increase speed, accuracy, and throughput in warehouses, factories, or distribution centres.
It can interface with a many different sizes of containers and cartons, and its inherent flexibility enables it to be easily adapted to any shape or size building, including existing buildings with lower ceilings.
Both the use of standard modular components and its scalability make the Dematic Multishuttle 2 especially suitable for companies experiencing rapid growth and change in product demand profiles.
Features & Benefits
- Increased throughput: Up to 10 times higher than conventional storage systems.
- High utilisation: Feeds workstations with high rates to keep workers fully utilised.
- Ultra-high storage density: Supports multi-depth storage and handling of units of different sizes tightly packed without fixed storage locations. Lifts can connect work stations above and below to ensure maximum density and use of space.
- More layout options: Fits into overhead spaces, under/over obstructions, best cube utilisation.
- Precise sequencing: Presents loads to pick stations or palletisers in exact sequence.
- Range of load types: “Flex” option accommodates various load sizes.
- Redundancy with back-up: Identical carriers provide duplicate service; carriers are interchangeable.
- Access to stock: Work platforms in the rack aisles allows manual access to inventory and service to shuttles.
- Scalability: Add more carriers in future to provide more throughput.
The Dematic Multishuttle 2 is ideal for supplying product to piece pick order fulfilment modules or mixed case pallet building operations. It can also serve as a pick face replenishment solution. In addition, Multishuttle can be applied as a short term buffer storage system or as a manufacturing support subsystem for production operations.
It also permits the storage of mixed goods of different sizes in a system, without the use of trays or containers.
- All solutions requiring buffer storage or sequencing of totes, trays, cartons, case goods or individual bundles.
- Buffer storage engines for feeding order assembly operations.
- Intermediate storage buffer solutions supporting Goods-to-Person (GTP) applications.
- Auto-replenishment of pick modules.
- All industries where a wide or often-changing product range is to be processed in an automated way, such as retail, eCommerce, or industrial production.
Visit the Dematic Multishuttle® 2 Website
The new Dematic Multishuttle® 2 is the engine for change that ensures your new logistics and distribution systems will meet competitive demands today and into the future.
Visit Website Now