Each Dematic Solution Enables smart intra-logistics management by efficiently directing the execution of activities and material flow, with a focus on optimizing labor, equipment, space, and order processing.
Dematic provides order fulfillment solutions for Pharmaceutical and Healthcare wholesalers, ranging from small regional distributors to large global corporations, and can support low, medium, or high volume distribution requirements. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific requirements of the Pharma and healthcare distribution operations, such as configurations that support controlled access to inventory, temperature controlled storage, hazardous materials storage, peaks/valleys in order volume, product tracking, order/inventory accuracy and FEFO strategies. Typical solutions are designed to optimize the processes involved with receiving, storage, put-away, replenishment, case and piece picking, consolidation, order packing, and truck loading, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types: cartons, trays, totes, bins, poly bags, and envelopes.
Dematic brings a non-biased, activity based, industrial engineering approach to the development of each order fulfillment system that is designed for Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Wholesalers. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions, with hundreds of successful order fulfillment implementations operating across the world that support healthcare, personal care, dental supplies, medical supplies and pharmaceutical distribution. At the core of each solution is the innovative system design, along with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as the pick and pack operation, or they may include all the operational functions from receiving to shipping. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changing activity profiles, average to peak capacity and future growth. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
- Reduce warehouse space requirements, fulfillment time, and labor
- Optimize material and information flow, processes, activities
- Increase throughput, accuracy and ergonomics
Pharma & Healthcare Supply Chain Trends
- Track & Trace federal requirement in next 10 years
- Growth in central fill pharmacies as pharmacists take on role of doctor
- Less inventory/more frequent deliveries
- Large wholesalers/retailers forming global partnerships
- Complex delivery requirements for biologics, very expensive items
- Late cut-off times
- Returns processing
- Value added services expensive
- Tracking product through supply chain expensive and complex
- Security of product, controlled access
- Most store and handle slow moving items, as well as high volume fast movers
- Market in flux – mergers happening in all sectors, flexibility in distribution important
- Pressure on profits due to regulation, product handling requirements, changing customer requirements
- Accuracy is key and errors are costly