The key aspect of each logistics solution created for the consumables production environment is the modular, scalable system design combined with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Dematic provides production logistics solutions for non-durable goods manufacturing and warehousing applications, ranging from small specialty consumer packaged goods companies to large global corporations specializing in consumables production, where low, medium, or high volume production rates are supported. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific needs of the consumables production environment such as, effective use of floor space, 24 hour/day operation, balancing/sequencing of material flow, lean, scalability, quality, labor ergonomics and uptime/availability. Typical solutions are designed to optimize the processes involved with inbound receiving, raw materials storage, intra-plant materials delivery, work-in-process staging, finished inventory storage, outbound shipping, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types such as cartons, totes, bins, tubs, pallets.
Dematic brings a non-biased, data driven, industrial engineering approach to the development of each system solution. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions for non durable, and consumer packaged goods operations, with hundreds of successful reference systems operating worldwide. The centerpiece/core of each Dematic solution is the modular system design and the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as raw material storage or they may include all the production logistics functions from inbound receiving to outbound staging. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changes relative to delivery schedules, production capacity, costs, and quality requirements. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
- Reduce space requirements, processing time, and production labor
- Optimize material and information flow, processes, plant activities
- Increase capacity, quality, accuracy and labor ergonomics
Non-Durable Manufacturing Supply Chain Trends
- Sustainability – reduced energy consumption, recycled materials, “green” packaging
- SKU proliferation due to increasing customer service expectations, demand for variety and unique requirements of other markets
- Bulk packaging for warehouse stores
- Order profile changing from pallet to case to pieces
- Labor – availability, skill, and benefit costs
- Increasing costs (raw materials, energy, packaging)
- Access to capital to invest in expansion and equipment
- Margin pressure from large retailers and smaller more frequent orders
- Competition for preferred shelf space by private label products