Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems from Dematic are fully mobile robots that can move and transport items within production, warehouse and distribution environments.
Our complete line of AGVs provide reliable, autonomous mobile robotic solutions for where space is at a premium, flexibility is critical and operational efficiency is an imperative.
Dematic AGV solutions will boost your productivity, reduce product damage, and optimize your facility, reducing costs and increasing efficiency and profitability.
There are several areas where AGVs are an ideal solution for the following conditions:
- Non value-added material movement applications
- Transport in challenging or less operator-friendly environments
- Applications requiring steady and continuous throughput
- Where available labor pools are shrinking
- Repetitive transport, or mid- to long-distance travel areas
- Material flows with a large number of buffer locations
- Complex production flows
- As a reliable, consistent interface to and from automated warehouses (AS/RS), WIP (Work-in-process) production, and shipping
Why AGVs - Benefits of AGVs
- Reallocation of available labor and reduced overtime and turnover costs
- Damage: Elimination of facility and equipment damage by conventional fork trucks
- Shipping Accuracy: Reduction in mis-shipments and product loss
- Energy: Potential savings associated with lights-out operations
- Safety: Elimination of fork truck related accidents
- Flexibility: Capable of interfacing to a variety of stands, automation, manufacturing operations
Dematic AGV Types
Dematic AGVs come in three main types: Standard, Hybrid/Series/Dual-Use, and Custom.
Standard - Dematic manufactured standard AGVs, using common chassis and attachment types.
Hybrid/Series/Dual Use – Vehicles that start as an electric Series vehicle from the KION family of manually operated machines, where we take the vehicle and add a full automation pack to it, creating a machine that can operate manually or as a fully-functioning AGV.
Custom – Depending on your application, Dematic can build an AGV to exactly match your specific needs. This includes side loading AGVs, and other types. If you can imagine it, Dematic can build it.
Custom – Depending on your application, if a standard or dual-use AGV option doesn’t exist, Dematic can custom build an AGV to exactly match your specific needs. This includes side loading AGVs, and other types. If you can imagine it, Dematic can build it.
Dematic AGVs support many types of movements within the manufacturing warehouse or distribution facility.
- Receiving to warehouse
- Manufacturing to warehouse
- Warehouse to manufacturing
- Work cell to work cell
- Warehouse to picking
- Picking to shipping
- Long haul transportation
- Transport in Production
- Storage & Retrieval
- End-of-line transport
- Trailer loading/unloading