Many Business-Business Wholesalers are adjusting and reconfiguring their distribution operations to support faster and more efficient order fulfilment, as well as expanding the variety of items in stock.
Dematic provides order fulfilment solutions for Business-Business Wholesalers, ranging from small regional distributors to large global corporations, and can support low, medium, or high volume distribution requirements. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific application needs of wholesalers, such as configurations that support a large quantity of stock keeping units, seasonal/promotional peaks in volume, extensive inventory storage capacity, large percentage of single line orders, same day/next day shipping and returns processing. Typical solutions are designed to optimise the processes involved with receiving, storage, put-away, replenishment, case and piece picking, consolidation, order packing, and truck loading, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types: cartons, totes, poly bags, and envelopes.
Dematic brings a non-biased, activity based, industrial engineering approach to the development of each order fulfilment system that is designed for Business-to-Business Wholesalers. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions, with hundreds of successful order fulfilment implementations operating at industrial supplies, replacement parts, electronics and MRO distribution centres across the world. At the core of each solution is the innovative system design, along with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as the pick and pack operation, or they may include all the operational functions from receiving to shipping. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changing activity profiles, average to peak capacity and future growth. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
- Reduce warehouse space requirements, fulfilment time, and labour
- Optimise material and information flow, processes, activities
- Increase throughput, accuracy and ergonomics
Wholesale/B2B Supply Chain Trends
- Significant growth in eCommerce fulfilment
- Expansion of geographic coverage
- Entry of traditional eCommerce companies into maintenance, safety, and operational supplies
- Introduction of on-site vending solutions
- Increasing mergers and acquisitions activity
- Integrated supply offerings including procurement outsourcing, VMI, consulting, training, etc.
- Sophistication of online tools
- Diversifying product offering
- Labour – availability, skill and benefits costs
- Geographic expansion
- Maintaining optimal inventory levels throughout supply chain
- Improving manufacturing and construction sectors
- Relationship between distributor and manufacturer, product/region exclusivity, product line diversification
- Margin pressure