3PL providers are attracting new business opportunities by recommending and implementing high productivity, intra-logistics solutions from Dematic, for their customers with manufacturing, assembly, warehousing and distribution operations.
Dematic provides a wide variety of logistics support systems for Third Party Logistics companies, including small regional players as well as large global providers. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific application needs of their customers that manufacture or distribute products. Typical solutions are designed to optimise the processes involved with receiving, storage, put-away, replenishment, case and piece picking, kitting, work-in-process storage, materials delivery, consolidation, order packing, and truck loading, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types: pallets, tubs, trays, cartons, totes, poly bags, and envelopes.
Dematic brings a non-biased, activity based, industrial engineering approach to the development of each system. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions, with hundreds of successful implementations operating with 3PL companies across the world. At the core of each solution is the innovative system design, along with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as the pick and pack, or they may include all the operational functions from receiving to shipping. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changing activity profiles, average to peak capacity and future growth. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
- Reduce warehouse or factory space requirements, fulfilment time, and labour
- Optimise material and information flow, processes, activities
- Increase throughput, accuracy and ergonomics
3PL Supply Chain Trends
- Growing number of 3PLs focused on multi-client eCommerce order fulfilment
- Greater complexity of outsourcing solutions – integrated DC/warehouse, value added services, and transportation
- Change in traditional CPG outsourcers order profile from pallets to cases
- Retail and Healthcare are growing markets
- Increased mergers and acquisitions activity to expand offerings and global reach
- Ability to replicate solutions globally
- Increasing need to leverage innovation to gain and keep business
- Labour – availability, reliability, and benefit costs
- Increased competition and downward pricing/margin pressure
- Increasing IT performance and visibility expectations from customers
- Increased governmental requirements for shipping/exporting/importing
- Expansion of service offerings