The key aspect of each logistics solution created for the production environment is the modular, scalable system design combined with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Dematic provides production logistics solutions for durable goods manufacturing and warehousing applications, ranging from small specialty product manufacturing companies to large global corporations, where low, medium, and high volume production rates are supported. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific needs of the production environment such as, effective use of floor space, just-in-time delivery, balancing/sequencing of material flow, lean, scalability, quality, labour ergonomics and uptime/availability. Typical solutions are designed to optimise the processes involved with: inbound receiving, materials storage, work-in-process staging, kitting, finished inventory storage, outbound, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types such as cartons, totes, bins, tubs, pallets.
Dematic brings a non-biased, data driven, industrial engineering approach to the development of each system solution. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions for manufacturing operations, with hundreds of successful reference projects operating worldwide. The centrepiece/core of each Dematic solution is the modular system design and the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as kitting or they may include all the production logistics functions from inbound receiving to outbound staging. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changes relative to delivery schedules, production capacity, costs, and quality requirements. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
Reduce factory floor space requirements, processing time, and production labour
Optimise material and information flow, processes, plant activities
Increase capacity, quality, accuracy and labour ergonomics
Durable Manufacturing Supply Chain Trends
- Sustainability – reduced energy consumption, recycled materials, “green” packaging
- Focus on production capability and flexibility vs. capacity
- Re-shoring of manufacturing operations
- SKU proliferation due to increasing customer service expectations, demand for variety and unique requirements of other markets
- Labour – availability, skill, and benefit costs
- Rising energy costs
- Access to capital to invest in expansion and equipment
- Rapid obsolescence – technical, functional, style
Dematic helps manufacturers manage the specific needs of the production environment, including effective use of floor space, just-in-time strategies, balancing/sequencing of material flow, labour ergonomics, and high system uptime.
Each Dematic solution created for Durable Manufacturing has a modular, scalable design and strategic management software that provides real-time control, visibility, and operational insight.
Durable Goods Manufacturing Trends
- Continuous need to balance production capability and flexibility with capacity
- Automation improvements necessary to control labour costs
- Lean and just-in-time strategies
- Re-shoring of manufacturing operations
- Order accuracy and fulfilment & replenishment speed critical for inbound material and line side replenishment
- Software systems must manage global sourcing and provide supply chain visibility
How Dematic Can Help
Dematic provides solutions that keep your manufacturing processes moving. As logistics experts, Dematic works with you to leverage technology and software knowledge to develop the right solution. Whether you manufacture industrial components, electronics & appliances, vehicles, or heavy machinery, Dematic solutions optimize your processes — inbound receiving, materials storage, work-in-process staging, kitting, finished inventory storage, and shipping.
Dematic Durable Manufacturing solutions include:
- Automated systems that optimise processes — inbound receiving, materials storage, work-in-process staging, kitting, finished/sub-assembly inventory storage, and shipping
- Advanced material flow software to manage inventory storage and movement within the facility
- Real-time monitoring and control of material movement and storage
- Automation to maximize labour efficiency, provide excellent ergonomics, and reduce costs
- Balanced production capabilities
- Capacity flexibility to accommodate future growth and operational changes
- High-density, compact storage and buffering subsystems
- Warehouse and distribution system capabilities for manufacturing facilities
Automating the Last Mile in Manufacturing
Demand for labor tightens as the economy grows and the pool of available workers shrinks. Automation is an obvious answer — the question is, where and how?