The key aspect of each logistics solution created for the apparel market is the modular, scalable system design combined with the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Dematic provides intra-logistics solutions for apparel manufacturers/designers, wholesalers and retailers, ranging from small specialty boutique companies to large global corporations, thereby supporting low, medium, and high volume distribution requirements. These solutions are engineered to accommodate the specific application needs of the apparel warehousing and distribution environment, such as configurations for multi-channel or dedicated e-commerce and retail store fulfilment systems, seasonal/promotional peaks, slow moving inventory, and returns processing. Typical solutions are designed to optimise the processes involved with receiving, storage, replenishment, case and item picking, consolidation, packing, truck loading, and cross-docking, along with the ability to handle a variety of load types: cartons, totes, poly bags, and garment-on-hanger.
Dematic brings a non-biased, activity based, industrial engineering approach to the development of each apparel distribution system. Dematic has the process improvement engineering experience and expertise to design high performance solutions for the apparel market, with hundreds of successful reference projects operating worldwide. The centrepiece/core of each apparel solution is the modular system design and the strategic management software that provides real time control, visibility and operational insight.
Systems may be comprised of a single solution such as order fulfilment or they may include all the operational functions from receiving to shipping. Dematic engineers each system as a modular, flexible, scalable solution to accommodate changing activity profiles, average to peak capacity and future growth. Dematic guarantees successful system performance while creating a strong ROI:
- Reduce space requirements, fulfilment time, and labour
- Optimise material and information flow, processes, activities
- Increase throughput, accuracy and ergonomics
Apparel Supply Chain Trends
- Omnichannel (eCommerce growth 10-15% annually)
- Mall traffic shrinking – stores closing
- Less inventory in stores/more frequent deliveries
- Order fulfilment from stores - mini DCs
- Fluctuations in demand and merchandise handled
- Returns processing
- RFID Tags
- Dependence on imports affects time to market, tariffs, unexpected interruptions in deliveries
- Dependent on consumer income – volatility in business due to economy
- Omnichannel impacts everything in supply chain
- Seasonal demand changes can have major impacts on business
- Integration of RFID tags in distribution centres
- Off shoring manufacturing increases cost/complexity in supply chain
- Customer buying habits more complex and less predictable
- Labour availability becoming an issue